What is Xanax XR 3mg?
Xanax XR 3mg comes under the benzodiazepine anxiolytic group that is a minor tranquilizer. In 1976, it was first introduced. This short-acting drug is prescribed for its potent and therapeutic anti-anxiety, amnestic, anticonvulsant, anti-depressant and sedative effects. The drug functions in the human body by getting bound to the sites present in the GABAA receptors of the brain. This creates an effect on the unbalanced chemicals in the brain of a person in an anxious state.
Indications of Xanax XR 3mg:
The indications of this drug are for treating disorders associated with sleep and panic issues with or without agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), neuroses, disorders caused out of emotional stress such as pain in the muscles, spasm, and tremors. It is also used in treating pathological phobia and increased irritation.
How to take Xanax XR 3mg?
It has to be taken orally in the morning with water. Swallow it without crushing, chewing or breaking it. There are no proven results related to the long term efficiency of the drug so when it is recommended for a period exceeding 8 weeks, the physician has to recommend tests to make sure that the drug is useful for the patient, without causing any harm.
Xanax XR 3 mg dosage:
3-6 mg has to be taken in a day generally though the doctor will prescribe the right dose after proper diagnosis. When required, the dose should be cautiously increased. While discontinuing the drug, you must consult the physician who will taper the dosage slowly before discontinuing it totally.
Precautions Xanax XR 3mg:
Following precautions has to be taken to ensure that you remain safe while taking this drug:
- It is not meant for pregnant ladies as the newborn baby can experience the risk of congenital abnormalities. There can be withdrawal symptoms in the fetus along with respiratory issues in the child after birth.
- Sporanox and Nizoral must not be taken with this drug.
- It can pass through the breast milk to the newborn, so lactating women must avoid it. Taking it can cause unwanted outcomes on the baby.
- The drug has sedative impacts which are dangerous for seniors who can fall accidentally because of this effect.
- People with glaucoma must avoid it.
- Those who are allergic to the drug or any other benzodiazepines like
- Librium, Tranxene, Valium, Ativan, Serax must not take it.
- Alcohol has to be strictly avoided when you are under this medication as the sedative impact increases and the chances of accident increases.
- Certain patients become physically dependent on the drug after a long term treatment and can experience symptoms of discontinuation that can be really undesirable. In order to prevent such a situation, it is important to reduce the dose gradually under the guidance of a physician, instead of doing it suddenly.
Side effects of Xanax XR 3mg:
This drug has numerous side effects as explained below:
- Being forgetful
- The occurrence of changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- Experiencing clumsiness or unsteadiness
- Facing difficulty with coordination
- Experiencing discouragement
- Experiencing drowsiness
- feeling sad or empty
- Experiencing irritability
- lack of appetite
- Occurrence of lightheadedness
- loss of interest or pleasure
- relaxed and calm
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- The occurrence of sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- slurred speech
- Experiencing tiredness
- trouble concentrating
- trouble performing routine tasks
- Experiencing trouble sleeping
- Experiencing trouble speaking
- The occurrence of unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems with muscle control or coordination
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some less common and rare symptoms are:
- The occurrence of acid or sour stomach
- Experiencing belching
- bigger, dilated, or enlarged pupils (black part of the eye)
- change in color vision
- difficulty seeing at night
- the feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- feeling of relaxation
- Occurrence of heartburn
- The occurrence of hives or welts
- Abdominal or bloating and cramping
- blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of the skin
- change in taste bad unusual or unpleasant (after) taste
- cracked, dry, or scaly skin
- Occurrence of cramps
- double vision
- feeling of warmth
- heavy bleeding
- The occurrence of menstrual changes
- Experiencing runny nose
- sensation of spinning
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- Experiencing stuffy nose
- Experiencing pelvic pain
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- The occurrence of sudden sweating
- unexplained runny nose or sneezing
- The occurrence of an increased sensitivity of the eyes to sunlight
- Occurrence of indigestion
- Experiencing redness of the skin
Where to buy Xanax XR 3mg?
You can get Xanax XR 3 mg pills from our online pharmaceutical store. We ship it to our customers worldwide safely and ensure quick delivery at their doorsteps through our trusted courier partners.
Storage of Xanax XR 3mg:
The storage of this drug must be in a cool and dry place at 20-25°C.
Xanax XR 3mg drug interactions:
The drug interactions of Xanax XR are mentioned below, and the combinations must therefore be avoided:
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine)
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Abilify (aripiprazole)
- Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Adderall XR (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)
- Wellbutrin XL (bupropion)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
- Prozac (fluoxetine)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Seroquel XR (quetiapine)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
Xanax XR 3 mg legal status:
This can be bought legally available as a prescription-only drug.
Xanax XR comes under the Schedule IV controlled substance as per the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) of the US. It is an S8 (controlled) drug in Australia, Schedule IV drug in Canada, Anlage III prescription-only drug in Germany, Class C drug in the UK and Psychotropic Schedule IV in the UN.