Xanax vs Ativan, which is better
Xanax vs Ativan, which one is right for you? We review the 2 popular medications below. Click any product below for purchase.
What is Ativan?
Firstly we are going to b taking a look at what Ativan and its effects on the human body. Ativan is lorazepam substances that are used for managing anxiety ailments in humans. This is defined by its short-term tackling of anxiety issues and other symptoms that it entails.
As we carry out our daily activities by the call of every rising sun, we are exposed to stress, anxiety, panicking and tension in almost every day of our lives.
When applied with other depressants such as alcohol, sedatives, narcotics, anesthetics, and anxiolytics, the Ativan medication then tends to multiply the sedation effects in the Central Nervous System.
However, there a lot of side effects that these may cause. These range from the usual to the most fatal. The mixture of this lorazepam with clozapine substances can expose patients to hypertension, ataxia, respiratory problems as well as delirium.
The lorazepam medication can only be taken into the body by oral means. These medications are strictly administered based on each patient’s responsiveness to medications. This as a result, makes Aitivan tablets available in different sizes such as 0.5 milligrams (mg), 1 mg and 2mg.
About 2-6 milligrams daily is medically recommended for patients who numerically amounts to 2-3 tablets daily, depending on the patient and the type and severity of the disorder. It is also advised that the drug is taken before bedtime with n average daily dosage of 1 to 10 milligrams per day.
Issues like insomnia ad stress can be treated with a 2 to 4mg dosage per day and usually administered before sleep. A more relaxed approach should be done with older patients in administering Ativan lorazepam drugs. This dosage can, however, be increased subsequently depending on cases of further side effects. Also, it is also advisable to first increase dosages for night times before day times if need be.
Side effects of Ativan
We are going to be looking into the possible side-effects that occur during Ativan medications in tackling anxiety in the human body. These effects can be highlighted from respiratory issues to nervous system problems.
- Dizziness- patients are liable to encounter dizziness in Ativan prescriptions due to its instant depressant chemical compounds. This will depend on the dosage f the drug which is overseen by a medical practitioner.
- Blurred vision- The high concentration of Ativan substance can affect your eyesight. This is why it is paramount to always seek the recommendation of medical specialists on dosage issues.
- Weak Muscles; Your muscles become weak when you ingest Ativan drugs. However, this won’t last as long as Xanax and other anxiety disorder drugs. Seek medical recommendations on dosage and on further side effects.
- Nausea; Moving on from the nervous system a bit, the effect of this medication can also have an impact on the digestive system. The chemical reaction involved is strong and concentrated enough to cause food digestive repulsions in the system.
Patients get rather comfortable when they come across meals. This will however not last long with Ativan depressants. Seek medical advice for food programs and other medications.
- Concentration problem; Most of the body’s cognitive activities are controlled by the brain and that is why it is the most important part of the CNS if not the whole body. When depressants like Ativan is induced into the body system to limit activities in the CNS, the brain hardly functions because it is an integral part and this only affects the thinking capacity of the patient.
The effect is, however, based on the severity of the anxiety because the duration of effect in Ativan drugs is considerably short.
- Amnesia; Due to the limited performance of brain levels and thinking capacities can expose patients to brain damage and memory loss. It is important to control the intake of Ativan drugs albeit it isn’t as effective as Xanax supplements.
Other side effects of Ativan medication ;
- Blurred vision
Similarities between Ativan and Xanax
Both drugs are manufactured for the same obvious purpose; to cure anxiety and many other mental disorders. Ativan and Xnax are also both benzodiazepine drugs that help in managing nerve and sense stimulation in the brain. Redundancy in nerves stimulation, however can lead to anxiety, according to medical researchers.
For transmitting messages from the brain to the rest part of the body, the body needs what we call the GABA, a body acid made of gamma-aminobutyric chemicals that help make this happen.
This is where depressants such as Xanax and Ativan come in. They are applied to enhance the effect of GABA acids in order to minimize brain activities, and in general, curb anxiety. Both drugs are highly addictive but complete and abrupt abstinence from such drugs can lead to fatal withdrawal symptoms.
While Xanax drugs are known for staying in the human bloodstreams for longer periods of time, Ativan medication tends to stay for a much shorter time frame and then leaves the body completely, leaving no room for possibilities of side effects. This is why Ativan has an unhealthy chemical interaction with other drugs .
Also, for avoiding over-sedation that can prove fatal, substances like alcohol and other anti-anxiety drugs are not mean to be ingested with Ativan.
In comparing Xanax substance to Ativan on the other hand, Xanax medication has more favorable chemical reactions with other medications.
Affected patients should never be afraid to seek help from health care centers in managing and controlling the side effects of Xanax and Ativan drugs and treating anxiety. Ativan and Xanax drugs falter the thinking and motor skills of an individual, driving a car or engaging in dangerous activities to ensure physical safety.
The combination of Xanax depressant and Ativan substance is very volatile to the body despite its ability to relax the muscles and the body nerves. This makes it very addictive and this can lead to many fatal cases.
- How are Xanax and Ativan different?
Despite their similarities both drugs works differently. Xanax perform for longer periods while Ativan are administered for short-term effect in medications.
- Are Xanax and Ativan similar?
Xanax and Ativan are similar drugs based on the effect they bring to the brain.