Xanax Overdose: What to tell your doctor?
Xanax Overdose, just like that of many drugs is very dangerous. Before entering the doctor’s office for laying your complaints, it is of no harm at all to know about the whole thing and what questions to expect. It is paramount to give the doctor all the information he/she needs in order to have better oversight of how to begin treatment.
The treatment of anxiety or withdrawal symptoms with Xanax is very volatile and can change at any time of the treatment timeline. If you have any of the following conditions, kindly consult your doctors before using Xanax medication.
- Pregnancy- XANAX can affect the baby of a patient and the ingestion of Xanax during that period is also dangerous to its health. Albeit, there is still a prescription for pregnant mothers and they should consult n expert for this.
If you plan to make a baby with your couple, make sure you make this known to your doctor so the right Xanax medication will be given to you.
- Breastfeeding or nursing mother- Mothers should be very wary of Xanax when they are on breastfeeding period. The substance lasts for long periods of time when ingested and takes some more during withdrawal. A breastfeeding mom should know what that will encounter as this substance can be passed down to your baby’s system and it’s feeding components too. It is highly advisable to seek a health expert’s assistance before taking Xanax medication for your treatment.
- Lung diseases or breathing problems can also be a condition that stops you from ingesting Xanax into your body system. Due to the drug affects the performance f some vital organs, is paramount to get the right dosage from medical personnel if you have to.
- If you have a liver or kidney diseases, it is not advisable to venture into Xanax medication given its tendency to minimize the performance of certain body organs as well as the central nervous system.
At first glance, these conditions mentioned above are not recommended to take Xanax. But on a medical approach, if they follow the right procedures, then it is feasible. Doctors can prescribe the pills for those that fall into theses category.
There will be a healthy list of supplements to accompany your Xanax treatment if necessary. The right dosage will also be applied due to the ways the drug reacts when ingested with other medicines as well.
Xanax dosages shouldn’t be considered to be increased without the consent of the doctor. He/she has a better knowledge of how these things and with a few tests and observations, the doctor can be able to determine whether the treatment is working and whether there is a need to increase the dosage.
Benzodiazepines have a very strong effect on the human system and this may cause over-dependency or emotional breakdowns when in excess. Even if you feel the treatment is working, it is better to still seek a doctor’s advice to avoid an overdose.
An abrupt withdrawal for Xanax is a bad idea even though you wish to stop it. It won’t be that easy and a good amount will still be needed in your body system to actualize this process, this why an abrupt withdrawal is fatal. Also, withdrawal symptoms like seizures or heart attacks can be very deadly.
Xanax drugs can also cause issues like hypomania where the body is liable to do manic actions and hyper activities. This also increases the chances of minor health issues like drowsiness and headaches.
Symptoms of Xanax overdose
On a medical angle, people usually take Xanax pills for the main aim of suppressing anxiety, panicking, and any other psycho disorders. Overdose cannot only be achieved by taking excess Xanax but also with its mixture with alcoholic substances and any other benzo drug.
Below are some of the symptoms of an overdose;
- Cognitive problems
- Muscle weakness
- Bad reflexes
There are so many side effects of this medication when the rules are broken or you are yet to consult a doctor for advice.
The alprazolam is not only used for anxiety or suppressing panicking alone, but can also be applied in for issues like insomnia, menstrual pain, and overthinking. This also happened that the latter uses have not yet been given the green light by the FDA and are still deemed non-recommendable.
In shedding a little light on this issue, Xanax drugs are one of the most purchased in the country and this has led to its increase in recreational purposes.
Usage of Xanax for recreational purposes can lead to addiction and over-dependency especially in the curious life of young adults. This can then ultimately lead to cases of overdose which proves to be very fatal.
- Do not ingest Xanax drug if you do not have any allergies towards any ingredients of Xanax such as alprazolam and benzo substances.
- Xanax isn’t recommended for anyone who is under the dosage of conazoles. Anti-fungal treatments do not work well with Xanax and prove to be dangerous as well as fatal to the body system.
- Xanax slows down the thinking abilities and other motor skills or actions. This brings about excess dizziness and light-headedness.
- The Xanax drug is also not recommended for use when engaging in certain day-to-day activities. Activities like driving, risky activities like handling large machinery in construction while under the influence of Xanax proves to be the most dangerous stunt to pull. This is not a warning that all patients under the usage of Xanax should carry out the aforementioned activities, but when the patient isn’t feeling the effects like drowsiness, then it is allowed.
- It is no longer a story that the mixture of Xanax and alcohol is dangerous and can be very fatal. Consult a medical expert to give you the best recommendations on that.