What is Alprazolam Extended Release?
Alprazolam Extended Release, Also known as Alprazolam XR, the drug substance is manufactured for the main purpose of suppressing anxiety, panicking, and other psychotic disorders. In most cases, the XR is usually applied for once a day dosage and albeit it’s lengthy-time intervals between dosages, the needed results in treatment progress are achieved.
What to tell the doctor?
Before entering the nearest hospital, it is important o ensure that you have a slight knowledge of about a thing or two. The doctor must know about virtually everything you are feeling in order to pass the right medication and prescriptions.
- Glaucoma disease- when a patient has the glaucoma disease, it is a bit of a risk when attempting Alprazolam XR intake into the body system. The eye disease is well capable of damaging the eyesight and Xanax treatment should be heavily controlled and monitored by a medical expert.
- Allergies- allergies are part of the medical conditions that are not easy to control or treated. From body rash, itchy skin, coughing, body swell and much more. XR intake tends to affect patients who are naturally allergic to alprazolam drugs and this can lead to a fatal consequence. This is why a doctor’s consultation on these issues is needed before applying Alprazolam XR for patients with allergies.
- Other allergies- patients with other allergies like coughing and body swelling will require the assistance of a doctor or medical specialist.
- Breastfeeding mothers- moms who have just given birth and are in breastfeeding conditions should be very careful about the XR medication because the child can be affected as well.
Interaction with other drugs
Alprazolam drugs are very well capable of interacting with other drugs but there has not been a precise list of identified drugs. The extended-release tablets are one of the most volatile and pro-active XANAX drugs.
The need to have an idea of what and what drug works with XR is also there to explore. Tell your doctor everything about your food and health programs to get a better knowledge of XR and other drug mixtures and the possibilities.
Things to know..
- When engaging in menial jobs that require maximum concentration, the intake of Xanax is not advisable in this case as it tends to reduce physical and well as mental performance
- Mixture of alcohol with the XR is highly risky as it endangers patients to fatal consequences.
- It is also important to note that it is good to see your doctor on a regular basis in order to keep tabs on treatment progress and monitoring as well as when a change of dosage is needed. When you want to take any food, consult he/she for medical advice.
- If you are on any other personal habits such as smoking, do not hesitate to let the doctor know about this. This will also give him a better approach to the kind of dosage to prescribe.
- Ingesting Alprazolam XR during pregnancy periods can lead to a major effect on your unborn child.
- For nursing moms, the XR is powerful enough to be transferred to your baby’s system. Ensure you have the right medical assistance on such issues.
- Older patients of over 65 years of age who wish to start XR prescriptions should handle the drug with care. It is capable of bringing about side effects that can be harmful and risky to old folks.
Best way to take XR dosages
In alliance with the strict regulations by a health expert, a patient should also know about the appropriate ways of administering Alprazolam XR into their body system. Below, we are going to be looking at a few instructions;
- Every single person has their own unique ways of reacting to certain medications. However, alprazolam XR can be taken with or without any food substances. In some cases, some patients tend to have an upset system if taken without food. It is better to know what works best for yours.
- Crushing, chewing, licking, injecting, or any other means of ingestion aside swallowing is not advised. In order to make this drug achieve the required results, swallow the pill whole with the use of warm water.
If a patient misses a dose?
There is no need to panic as missing dosages are normal. Also, the second you remember that you have missed a dose; do not hesitate to make up. When the time is a few hours close to the next dosage, skip it and wait for the next one. Also, never combine a dosage.
With all that been said, try to remember your dosage because when dose skipping becomes a regularity, it only exposes the patient to many more health risks.
Some patients have the tendency to react to side effects in serious manners that threatens to be deadly. Consult the doctor or any close health care center for emergency treatment.
Below are some of the major symptoms of Alprazolam XR intake and medications.
- Allergies like rash, coughing, skin swelling and fever are evident that the patient is reacting to the drug.
- When there is a significant change of body balance and gait, it can also mean that the patient is already reacting to the drug.
- Blackouts are very obvious side effects. Patients who happen to doze off into a very long and deep sleep are already experiencing the side effects.
- Feeling of confusion and hysteria.
- Alprazolam XR medications can bring about memory loss as well as the cognitive reflexes
- Muscle weakness that affects speaking, thinking or even passing urine can be very serious.